Sustainability is a key element within our business, it is pivotal in ensuring that our business is future proof for all actors in our supply chains. As a Sustainability Coordinator at Baronie Switzerland SA, which is the central sourcing entity of Baronie, you are responsible for supporting our Sustainability Manager with the successful execution of the sustainability strategy for the entire Baronie and Cémoi perimeter.
In your role, you will support the Sustainability Manager in the daily activities related to the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Baronie’s sustainability strategy. You will be our internal and external ambassador for a diversity of sustainable topics. In addition, you will coordinate the proactive implementation of our sustainability activities. It is important that you are able to form and maintain strong relationships with a vast range of internal and external stakeholders of both Baronie and Cémoi. The role will be based at our office in Caslano, Switzerland.
Your responsibilities as a Sustainability Coordinator:
- Proactively supporting the further development and implementation of Baronie’s sustainability strategy;
- Further developing and implementing Baronie’s climate strategy;
- Monitoring & evaluation: collect, analyse and validate sustainability data for internal and external reporting;
- Working closely with relevant colleagues and stakeholders to ensure compliance with national and international legislations and related due diligence;
- Giving advice and support to internal departments on sustainability matters;
- Supporting departments in compliance with relevant certifications and assessments;
- Assisting with internal and external sustainability related communication;
- Fulfilling customer and stakeholder requests on a diversity of sustainability topics;
- Conduct supplier assessments about their sustainability performance;
- Taking a collaborative, connecting and active role within our organization.
As a Sustainability Coordinator, this is what you bring:
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline to the role (e.g. (food) sustainability, environment);
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar or relevant role within the food/commodity industry with a focus on sustainability and/or environmental management;
- You combine technical skills (data management and analysis) with strong functional skills (communication and project management);
- Knowledge of and experience with the implementation of environmental management systems and climate projects, with particular reference to the GHG protocol and related initiatives such as the SBTi and CDP;
- An ambitious personality with a high sense of ownership, entrepreneurial work ethic, hands-on mentality, excellent interpersonal skills and a flexible, solution-driven mind-set;
- You have a structured way of working and enjoy working both independently and in a team;
- You are fluent in English. Any other languages such as German or French would be an advantage;
- Proficient computer skills (Office package);
- Excellent communication skills, across all levels of our organisation, both verbal and written, round off your profile.
As a Sustainability Coordinator, we offer you:
A fully immersive role in our world of chocolate. You will work closely with your new colleagues in order to shape the sustainable future of our business. You will quickly get acquainted with our business, products and supply chain and you will immediately aid in driving the group forward in this key field.
- Full time, diverse and challenging role in a growing international group;
- International exposure to form and implement the sustainability strategy within our company;
- An entrepreneurial company culture which offers you a lot of autonomy and values initiative;
- A good remuneration package;
- Training and career opportunities.
Together with Cémoi, we are the global preferred partner for private label chocolate products with 21 production sites for cocoa and chocolate products located in Europe, US, UK and Ivory Coast. We rely on our vertically integrated cocoa supply chain, including multiple origins and organic. We benefit from this expertise of the entire cocoa supply chain in all manufacturing processes and techniques.
Would you like to participate in further developing the sustainability strategy and execution of the entire group? Do you enjoy working in a close team whilst having the freedom to shape relationships within our international group? If this is you, then please apply now to join our team!