As a Group Controller, you will be responsible for consolidating the accounts of the various group companies, analyzing the numbers and translating this to business logic, coordinating controlling activities of the different subsidiaries and able to make the reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. On top of that, you will be coordinating fiscal topics and will be responsible for compliance on group level.
As Group Controller, you are in daily contact with the finance colleagues of the subsidiaries as well as with the shareholder of the company, to whom you will report directly. You are responsible for managing your own agenda, coordinating your appointments and actions with your key stakeholders.
You will predominately be based at our office in Bruges, Belgium, but are willing to travel to our subsidiaries (on average 1 day a week).
Your responsibilities as a Group Controller:
- Analyzing and evaluating the (annual) accounts of each subsidiary and align this in order to be able to consolidate these on group level;
- Coordinating the controlling activities of the different subsidiaries;
- Building and maintaining the reporting on a monthly, quarterly and (semi-)annual basis;
- Coordinating all fiscal and compliance matters (UBO regulation, KYC, Master and Local files, TPR etc.);
- Further improvement of the finance and controlling organization and processes within the Group;
- Being the contact person for legal, fiscal and accountancy support;
- Overseeing the functional IT of the group.
As a Group Controller, this is what you bring:
- Relevant Master’s degree (Finance & Controlling, Accounting etc.) or relevant/equivalent work experience in a controlling/accounting function. CPA (certified public accountant) is a must;
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a controller or accountant;
- Experience within the food and/or confectionary industry is a plus;
- Detailed knowledge of compliance and fiscal regulation, more specifically of the Belgian fiscal regulation from a holding perspective;
- Fluent in English is a must. Decent knowledge of Dutch, French and German would be a plus;
- Proficient computer skills (Office package);
- A general interest in and knowledge about IT is beneficial;
- Ambitious and analytical personality with a high sense of responsibility and excellent financial, controlling and communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work as a team member, entrepreneurial/independent work ethic, well-structured and flexible problem solver.
As a Group Controller, we offer you:
A fully immersive role in our world of chocolate. You will work with your new colleagues closely in order to shape the future of our business. You will quickly get acquainted with all subsidiaries, products, processes and systems.
- Full time opportunity in a growing international group;
- International exposure to form and lead strategy within our company;
- A good remuneration package;
- A challenging and diverse job position in our company;
- Training and career opportunities.
Together with Cémoi, we are the global preferred partner for private label chocolate products with 22 production sites for cocoa and chocolate products located in Europe, US, UK and Ivory Coast. Besides that, we also have 2 ice cream sites (IJsboerke) in Belgium.
Are you the enthusiastic Group Controller that we have been looking for? Are you a well-structured team player, with an entrepreneurial mind-set? Do you enjoy working in a close team whilst having the freedom to shape relationships within our international family company? If this is you, then please apply now to join our team!
Please send your application letter together with your CV to email@example.com, including your consent to process your personal data in line with art. 13 GDPR 679/16. We will then process your personal data in compliance with the principles set out in article 5 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679.