Plant manager (m/f/d)
As our plant manager, you oversee and organize the daily operations at the entire site. With your strong leadership skills and driven by our code of conduct, you lead by example and motivate your team to perform and achieve the set targets of the site. You give them the opportunity to excel and under your guidance, all safety precautions are being followed. The area of responsibility includes over 400 employees who work in production, the supply chain, quality assurance, the technical department and product management.
About this job:
In the world of manufacturing, things are always changing. Whenever needed, you easily adapt, with an open mind, to new processes or developments. With your pro-active way of thinking, you look for opportunities to increase quality and efficiency in processes and production lines. In addition, you enjoy cooperating with the other plant managers within the group. You assist in the business development process to further extend the core competences of Saalfeld, such as the plant based chocolate production area.
Your tasks as plant manager:
- Ensuring efficient and stable production through pragmatic solutions in everyday life using strategic future planning;
- Defining a transparent information flow and clear processes;
- Ensuring a positive team atmosphere as well as communication in the workforce and visibility in the company;
- Initiating and managing the optimization of the site, production lines and processes;
- Managing based on key figures and targets and economically developing the site in close cooperation with the board of the company.
What you bring with you as a plant manager:
- A relevant degree or a comparable qualification in the field of nutritional science or production technology;
- Several years of experience in managing a production plant or manufacturing unit, preferably in the food industry;
- 'Hands-on' mentality and an adaptive and open mindset in combination with a strategic way of thinking;
- An empathic and courageous personality with perseverance in the implementation of goals as well as the willingness to question circumstances and correct them if necessary;
- Excellent business and leadership skills;
- Good knowledge of English, any other languages would be an advantage.
As plant manager we offer you:
- A permanent contract;
- A motivated work environment with challenging tasks;
- The opportunity to nationally and internationally cooperate within our group;
- Creative freedom to seek for opportunities to expand our product portfolio;
- Personal development through opportunities at group level;
- Company car, also for private use, mobile phone and laptop.
In our factory in Saalfeld, we process 85 tons of chocolate masses every day, from which we produce delicious tablets, truffles, and seasonal items in our chocolate production. In addition, we have a separate production area at the site where we produce tasty plant based chocolate. Anxious to manage our manufacturing facility in Saalfeld and to further expand our plant based product segment under your guidance with our motivated team? Apply now!