Raw material purchasing and cocoa trading is a key element within our business, it is pivotal in leading the commercial sourcing strategy and execution for the entire group.
As a Raw Material Controller & Risk Manager at Baronie Switzerland SA, you are responsible for supporting the management and purchasing team with the sourcing strategy for all the Baronie & Cémoi manufacturing sites. This includes the risk management and finance topics for the cocoa perimeter as well as the cost price controlling of all raw materials on a frequent basis. In addition to this, you will set-up and manage the analysis of purchase results and trends.
You are able to form strong relationships with a vast range of mostly internal stakeholders. The range of stakeholders is broad, as this role will maintain strong links with origin, finance and purchasing colleagues within our business. The role will be based within our office in Caslano, Switzerland.
Your responsibilities as a Raw Material Controller & Risk Manager:
- Analysing & controlling of raw material prices and trends;
- Budgeting of internal raw material prices on a quarterly basis;
- Identifying, analysing and modelling exposure and risk of the company;
- Managing the risk governance framework including policies, procedure, risk metrics and committee dashboards;
- Defining the Mark-to-Market limits and VAR of cocoa futures, options, OTC and FX positions;
- Supporting the quantification and establishment of the organisation’s risk appetite;
- Assessing the effectiveness of risk mitigation tools, including internal controls;
- Developing and maintaining systems and tools to monitor and report on P&L, KPIs and risk;
- Providing key inputs for the regular Risk Committees;
- Taking a collaborative, connecting and active role within our organization.
As a Raw Material Controller & Risk Manager, this is what you bring:
- A completed Master’s degree in a relevant discipline to the role (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Economics, Trade);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Finance & Risk position, preferably in soft commodities;
- You are fluent in English and preferably also in French. Any other languages would be an advantage;
- Proficient computer skills (Office package);
- Knowledge of intermediate statistical modelling techniques;
- Strong knowledge of commodities and markets;
- Understanding and knowledge on cocoa market would be a plus;
- Ability to see the strategic overview of the business as well as pay close attention to detail;
- An ambitious personality with a high sense of ownership, hands-on mentality and strong analytical skills with the ability to work well under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independent and in a team, entrepreneurial work ethic, structured way of working and a flexible, solution-driven mind-set;
- Ability to break complex matters down for people of varying skillsets to understand;
- Excellent communicator across all levels of our organisation, both verbal and written.
As a Raw Material Controller & Risk Manager, we offer you:
A fully immersive role in our world of chocolate. You will work closely with your new colleagues in order to shape the future of our business. You will quickly get acquainted with our business, products and supply chain and aid in driving the group forward in this key field.
- Full time opportunity in a growing international group;
- International exposure to form and lead the strategy within our company;
- A good remuneration package;
- A challenging and diverse job position in our company;
- Training and career opportunities.
Together with Cémoi, we are the global preferred partner for private label chocolate products with 22 production sites for cocoa and chocolate products located in Europe, US, UK and Ivory Coast. We rely on the vertically integrated cocoa supply chain, including multiple origins and organic. We benefit from this expertise of the entire cocoa supply chain in all manufacturing processes and techniques.
Would you like to participate in the sourcing strategy and execution of the entire group? Do you enjoy working in a close team whilst having the freedom to shape relationships within our international group? If this is you, then please apply now to join our team!