As a technical buyer, you plan and organize the procurement of all kinds of technical products, such as machines and systems, construction and spare parts, or raw materials and supplies.
In our factory in Berlin, we produce and pack up to 120 tons of chocolate snacks, tablets and bars per day on a large variety of fully automated and robotic lines and machines, with the particularity that the entire manufacturing process (from the cocoa bean to the final consumer product) takes place on our site. It is up to you as a specialist to find short- and long-term solutions, in liaison with your colleagues of the technical service department and respective suppliers, to limit downtimes to a minimum due to quick supply and/or stock of spare parts and materials.
You act in a market-oriented manner and take into account technical, logistical, qualitative and economic trends. You focus on expanding and supporting our supplier base in order to define the smoothest possible processes and the time, quality and cost framework.
Your tasks as a Technical Buyer:
- Controlling the purchasing and order processing process to ensure the continuation of the production process, while taking into account the highest level of economic efficiency;
- Responsibly conducting purchasing and price negotiations;
- Sounding out the procurement market;
- Ensuring and permanent improvement of IT-supported purchasing processes;
- Identification and realization of cost reduction potentials in cooperation with other specialist departments and suppliers;
- Active supplier management.
What you bring with you as a Technical Buyer:
- Business or technical studies with several years of professional experience or comparable commercial or technical training with relevant professional experience in the field of purchasing;
- Knowledge and experience in the field of mechanical and plant engineering is an advantage;
- You are a team player with a resilient personality and good social skills;
- Excellent communication skills in German and a good knowledge of English;
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills;
- High level of cost awareness, commitment and negotiation skills;
- Strong planning and organizational skills, also for time-critical problems;
- Good knowledge of MS Office and ERP software.
As a Technical Buyer we offer you:
If you decide to join us, we will introduce you to our world of chocolate. You will work with your new colleagues right away and will quickly get to know our systems, products and production and purchasing processes.
- Full-time employment according to company agreement;
- Market-based, collectively agreed remuneration in accordance with the collective wage agreement for the confectionery industry;
- Additional special payments (Christmas/holiday bonus);
- 30 days of holiday leave;
- Employer-funded pension;
- Training and career opportunities.
Would you like to contribute to a smooth and continuous manufacturing process and enjoy the benefits of being one of the first to try new products? Apply now!