Cocoa Trading is a key role within our business, it is pivotal in leading the commercial cocoa sourcing strategy and execution for the entire group. As a Cocoa Trade Assistant at Baronie Switzerland SA, you are responsible for supporting the Cocoa Trader with the cocoa purchasing and sourcing strategy for all of the Baronie and Cémoi manufacturing sites.
This includes supporting the Cocoa Trader in the daily activities by processing of trades, contracts and invoices. In addition to this, you will be an active participant on risk management and finance related matters for the cocoa perimeter.
You are able to form strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders. The range of stakeholders is broad as this role will maintain strong links with origin, logistics and sustainability colleagues within our business. External stakeholders are also key to this with Supplier Management being crucial to this position. The role will be based within our office in Caslano, Switzerland.
Your responsibilities as a Cocoa Trade Assistant:
- Processing of trades, contracts and invoices;
- Validating of the trades;
- Ensuring that our contract administration and system are up-to-date and accurate;
- Generating and reporting daily physical and futures position;
- Following up on contract allocation, inventories and quality;
- Conducting investigation in case of discrepancies between the company and the counterparty;
- Following up on outstanding payments;
- Monitoring of the cocoa prices and position development;
- Working closely with the Risk Management team by providing data and explanations;
- Taking a collaborative, connecting and active role within our organization.
As a Cocoa Trade Assistant, this is what you bring:
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline to the role (e.g. Economics, Administration, Trade & Finance);
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative position, preferably in soft commodities;
- You are fluent in French and English. Any other languages would be an advantage;
- Proficient computer skills (Office package);
- Good administrative skills and capability to manage multiple tasks;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Ambitious personality with a high sense of ownership, hands-on mentality and strong analytical skills with the ability to work well under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independent and in a team, entrepreneurial work ethic, structured way of working and a flexible, displaying a solution-driven mind-set;
- Excellent communicator across all levels of our organisation, both verbal and written.
As a Cocoa Trade Assistant, we offer you:
A fully immersive role in our world of chocolate. You will work with your new colleagues closely in order to shape the future of our business. You will quickly get acquainted with our business, products and supply chain and aid in driving the group forward in this key commodity.
- Full time opportunity in a growing international group;
- International exposure to form and lead strategy within our company;
- A good remuneration package;
- A challenging and diverse job position in our company;
- Training and career opportunities.
Together with Cémoi, we are the global preferred partner for private label chocolate products with 22 production sites for cocoa and chocolate products located in Europe, US, UK and Ivory Coast. We rely on the vertically integrated cocoa supply chain, including multiple origins and organic. We benefit from this expertise of the entire cocoa supply chain in all manufacturing processes and techniques. Would you like to participate in the commercial cocoa sourcing strategy and execution of the entire group? Do you enjoy working in a close team whilst having the freedom to shape relationships within our international group of Sweet Products NV? If this is you, then please apply now to join our team!
Please send your application letter together with your CV to email@example.com, including your consent to process your personal data in line with art. 13 GDPR 679/16. We will then process your personal data in compliance with the principles set out in article 5 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679.