As a National Account Manager at Baronie UK, you are responsible for building and guarding long-term partnerships with our customers and contributing positively to the sales growth of existing business of both Branded and Private Label products within the UK market. With your business insight, agility and collaborative qualities, you will identify new account and category opportunities and are able to convert these to profitable business.
Although the position is an independent one, you will be in daily contact with your colleagues across the group and on a frequent basis you will also work from our office. Being the first point of contact for your accounts, it is your responsibility to share commercial information in a clear and structured way with the colleagues cross functionally. You have the freedom to manage your own agenda and coordinate appointments and strategy with our Managing Director.
Your responsibilities as a National Account Manager:
- To manage the relationship between Baronie and your allocated accounts;
- Responsible for the delivery of the tactical direction and strategic sales plans for the accounts within your control;
- To grow sales volume, revenue, gross margin and market share;
- To forge close partnerships with our commercial colleagues, in order to provide a streamlined approach to our customers;
- Monitor competitor activity, report, and develop activity to counter their impact – including benchmarking and category updates;
- Responsible for the forecast process, working collaboratively with the retailer;
- Analyse relevant sales in/sales out, stock on hand and all available data to identify underlying trends and immediate sales opportunities;
- Optimise retailer opportunities and profitability in line with Baronie financial metrics;
- Deliver monthly sales volumes, whilst understanding the changes to target, forecast and delivery.
As a National Account Manager, this is what you bring:
- Relevant/equivalent work experience in a Commercial function;
- Experience within a multi site group or dealing with a multi site organisation is a must;
- Experience of UK Retailers procedures/processes would be a plus;
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as a Commercial professional;
- Experience within the food and/or confectionary industry is a plus;
- Awareness of compliance and regulation with regards to food industry;
- Fluent in English is a mandatory requirement. Knowledge of another language, such as Dutch, French or German would be a plus;
- Proficient computer skills (Office package);
- A general interest in and knowledge about confectionary is beneficial;
- Ambitious and analytical personality with a high sense of responsibility and good communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work as a team member, entrepreneurial/independent work ethic,
well-structured and flexible problem solver.
As a National Account Manager we will offer you:
If you decide to join us, we will introduce you to our world of chocolate. You work directly with your new colleagues and quickly get to know our customers, product portfolio, systems and processes.
- A challenging & diverse full-time position in a growing international group;
- Opportunity to lead the delivery of our UK commercial strategy within our company;
- A good remuneration package;
- Training and career opportunities.
Would you like to contribute to launching new chocolate products to your retailer’s shelf and enjoy the perks of being one of the first to taste the new products? Do you enjoy working in a close team whilst having the freedom to shape relationships within our international family company? If this is you, then please apply now to join our team!
Please send your application letter together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your consent
to process your personal data in line with art. 13 GDPR 679/16. We will then process your personal data in compliance with the principles set out in article 5 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
We do not accept referrals from Recruitment agencies or their partners, this role is for direct applicants only.