Raw Material Purchaser is a key role within our business, it is pivotal in the commercial sourcing strategy and execution for the entire group. As a Raw Material Purchaser at Baronie Switzerland SA, you are responsible for the purchasing and sourcing strategy of certain raw material groups for our manufacturing sites.
This includes defining and executing the sourcing plan as well as monitoring and developing the supplier base. In addition to this, you will be an active participant on compliance, risk management and finance related matters for your raw material perimeter.
You are able to form strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders. The range of stakeholders is broad, as this role will not only maintain links with our supplier base but also with the different Supply Chain, Quality Assurance and Sustainability colleagues within our group. The role will be based within our office in Caslano, Switzerland.
Your responsibilities as a Raw Material Purchaser:
- Defining the strategic purchase strategy for your raw material group together with the Head of Sourcing whilst maintaining the sustainability goals of the group;
- Defining and executing the raw material purchasing strategy and foreign exchange exposure;
- Managing relationships with suppliers to ensure market access and compliance;
- Management of raw material positions and contract administration;
- Working closely with the Risk Management/Finance team and Back Office team by providing data and explanations;
- Being the centre of expertise for all questions regarding raw material markets, products, exchanges, regulation and the source of market intelligence;
- Ensuring our systems and tools are best-in-class;
- Taking a collaborative, connecting and active role within our organization.
As a Raw Material Purchaser, this is what you bring:
- A completed Master’s degree in a relevant discipline to the role (e.g. Financial Economics, Business Administration, Trade & Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain);
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in (soft) commodities, food or financial industry;
- You are fluent in English. Any other languages would be an advantage;
- Proficient computer skills (Office package);
- Good negotiation skills;
- Strong sense of risk management;
- Ability to see the strategic overview of the business as well as pay close attention to detail;
- An ambitious personality with a high sense of ownership, hands-on mentality and strong analytical skills with the ability to work well under pressure;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independent and in a team, entrepreneurial work ethic, structured way of working and a flexible, solution-driven mind-set who can represent the company internally and externally;
- Ability to break complex matters down for people of varying skillsets to understand;
- Excellent communicator across all levels of our organisation, both verbal and written.
As a Raw Material Purchaser, we offer you:
A fully immersive role in our world of chocolate. You will work immediately alongside your new colleagues and will quickly get acquainted with our suppliers, products portfolio, processes and systems and aid in driving the group forward in this key role.
- Full time opportunity in a growing international group;
- International exposure to contribute to the strategy within our company;
- A good remuneration package;
- A challenging and diverse job position in our company;
- Flexible working hours;
- Training and career opportunities.
Together with Cémoi, we are the global preferred partner for private label chocolate products with 22 production sites for cocoa and chocolate products located in Europe, US, UK and Ivory Coast. We rely on the vertically integrated cocoa supply chain, including multiple origins and organic. We benefit from this expertise of the entire cocoa supply chain in all manufacturing processes and techniques.
Would you like to be part of the raw material sourcing strategy and execution within our group? Do you enjoy working in a close team whilst having the freedom to shape relationships within our international group? If this is you, then please apply now to join our team!