As a Packaging Developer with a focus on purchasing packaging materials, you will plan and organize the procurement of packaging materials and be actively involved in all new packaging developments for our location in Berlin.
You pay special attention to the development of sustainable and recyclable packaging. As a specialist, you are the center of expertise for all questions regarding packaging materials, products exchanges, regulation and the source of market intelligence. You act in a market-oriented manner and take into account technical, logistical, qualitative and economic trends. Your focus is on maintaining existing supplier relationships and building and expanding them. Always with the goal of finding the best packaging concepts for our products and thus defining smooth processes.
Your tasks as a Packaging Developer in Purchasing:
- Controlling the purchasing and order processing process to ensure availability of packaging materials for the manufacturing process, taking into account the highest level of economic efficiency
- Exploring the procurement market with a focus on sustainable and recyclable packaging
- Following up on the development of packaging trends, always with a focus on guidelines and regulations of the packaging industry
- Responsible conduct of purchasing and price negotiations
- Identification and realization of cost reduction potentials in cooperation with other specialist departments and suppliers
- Providing support in handling complaints processes for packaging materials
- Packaging development for the Berlin location
- Actively developing new packaging concepts
- Ensuring permanent improvement of the ERP-supported processes in purchasing
As a Packaging Developer in Purchasing, you bring this with you:
- Successfully completed studies in packaging technology or comparable commercial or packaging technology training
- Knowledge and professional experience in the field of packaging development or purchasing of packaging materials
- You are a team player with a high level of commitment and good social skills
- Very good communication skills in German and good knowledge of English
- Analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- High cost awareness and good negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, even with time-critical problems
- Good knowledge of MS Office and ERP software
As a Packaging Developer in Purchasing, we offer you:
If you decide to become part of our team, we will introduce you to our world of chocolate. You work directly with your new colleagues and quickly get to know our systems, products, packaging lines as well as our production and purchasing processes.
- Full-time employment according to company agreement;
- Market-based, collectively agreed remuneration in accordance with the collective wage agreement for the confectionery industry;
- Flexible working hours and the option to work partially remote;
- Additional special payments (Christmas/holiday bonus);
- 29 days of holiday leave;
- Employer-funded pension;
- Training and career opportunities.
Would you like to contribute to the development and implementation of new sustainable packaging materials and enjoy the benefits of being one of the first to try new chocolate products? Apply now!