The History of Baronie
- 1896: In Rotterdam the De Heer chocolate factory is founded. De Heer produces sweets, chocolate bars, “cat’s tongues” and chocolate specialities for Christmas and Easter.
- 1920: The partners Barents, Roth and Niewenhuis jointly found the Baronie company.
- 1951: A major fire destroys Baronie’s premises. Production is transferred elsewhere for five years.
- 1956: Baronie continues production at a new site in Alphen a/d Rijn.
- 1982: Baronie takes over the De Heer chocolate factory and henceforth calls itself Baronie – De Heer.
- 1984: Takeover of Tjoklat Schokolade in Vlaardingen.
- 1995: In Veurne in Belgium a modern plant with fully automated robot equipment is opened.
- 2001: Expansion of production in Rotterdam, closure of the factory in Alphen.
- 2007: Opening of Sweet Products Logistics in Lokeren. Logistics services such as storage, processing and packaging are now carried out here in fully air-conditioned premises with an area of 12,000 square metres.
- 2009: Baronie takes over Continental Schokolade and Rademaker.
- 2010: The whole group is now called Baronie.
- 2011: Acquisition of Stollwerck GmbH and its production sites.
- 2011: Takeover of Kathy.
- 2014: Takeover of the Belgian speciality manufacturer Duc d’O.